The School of Art in the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts at Arizona State University seeks to hire an Assistant Professor of Fashion with an emphasis in fashion marketing, merchandising, management and entrepreneurship. This full-time, tenure-track position begins August 2021.
The successful candidate is expected to pursue an active research agenda related to their expertise in fashion marketing, merchandising, management and entrepreneurship; and demonstrate excellence in teaching with the ability to develop and instruct a variety of in-person, hybrid, and online course offerings. The successful candidate will teach and mentor undergraduate students. Additional responsibilities include service to the program, School of Art and ASU.
- PhD, MFA, MBA or appropriate terminal degree with coursework in fashion completed at the time of application;
- Evidence of sustained professional activity in fashion;
- Demonstrated potential to achieve national and international recognition in scholarly research or creative work;
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching;
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and colleagues in academic setting, the fashion industry, and /or the community.
- Experience teaching undergraduate courses with apparel technology applications that support programs in two or more of the following areas: fashion marketing, merchandising, management, digital retailing and consumer experience management, entrepreneurship or supply chain expertise;
- The ability to teach all levels of in-person and online undergraduate courses in fashion using innovative pedagogy;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with industry/professional organizations;
- Familiarity with new directions in the fashion industry including trends in sustainability, technology and digital applications.
Instructions to Apply:
- Letter of interest addressing the candidate’s research, teaching, and service.
- Curriculum vitae;
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement;
- Examples of scholarship (limit to 2 publications) or creative activity in the form of 20 images (pdf or jpg format, 1200 max pixel width);
- Names and contact information for three references;
- Applicants advancing to the second round of review may be asked to provide additional materials.
All applications must be submitted electronically via https://apply.interfolio.com/81176
The application deadline is January 17, 2020. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses and certifications.
Please see application link for full details.
Arizona State University
Due date: 01/17/2021
More info: https://apply.interfolio.com/81176